- Follow well marked, albeit steep, trail from parking lot at ~ 770 m to Wedgemount Lake hut at ~ 1918 m (we departed parking lot at midnight and took 3 hrs to hut with day packs).
- Traverse along north side of Wedgemount Lake (note winter/spring avy hazard from above off Mt. Weart) to toe of Wedgemont Glacier.
- Ascend Wedgemount Glacier bearing left to Wedge/Weart col and then right onto arete.
- Traverse along north-east arete to summit at 2899 m ( we were on top at 8:30 am - 5 1/2 hrs from Wedgemount Lake hut).
- Descend via col at base of arete; traverse above seracs (beware here as there was clear evidence of recent ice fall down the middle of the wall); then down north-west ice wall (we had a nap at the hut for a few hours and were then back to the car by 4:30 pm for a 24 km return trip).
[photo]Westface.jpg[caption]North-west face Wedge Mt.[/photo]
[photo]AscenttoWedge_Weartcol1.jpg[caption]Ascent route to Wedge/Weart col[/photo]
[photo]Finalpush.jpg[caption]Final portion of arete[/photo]
[photo]Finalplodtosummit.jpg[caption]Final plod to summit[/photo]
[photo]Icefalldescent1.jpg[caption]Descent route via ice fall[/photo]
[photo]Routetopomap.jpg[caption]Route... To see the full trip report you must login as a paid member. Use the Login Page. (message p3)
To see the full trip report you must login as a paid member. Use the Login Page. (message p3)