|Adopted as The Hump (mountain) 13 March 1947 on 92F/2, and so-labelled on 1947 & 1948 editions of 92 F/2. The name changed to Mount Cokely 26 November 1973, in association with "Cokely" triangulation station located near the summit, first occupied by Geodetic Survey of Canada 1926-27. Bronze tablet under 5-foot cairn constructed by BC triangulation survey in 1938 - since vandalized.|
Named after Leroy Sterling Cokely (1884-1956), DLS, BCLS, with Department of Lands. Cokely received his commission as a British Columbia Land Surveyor in 1910; his biography or obituary is published in the BC Land Surveyors Annual Report, 1957. (November 1973 letters on file B.1.44).
Source: Government of BC, BDGC website