Name Notes: Named Grimface by Neal Carter, a legendary BC climber in the 1920's for a fancied profile of a frowning face seen on a neighbouring rock crag.
An alternate name of "Mount McKeen" was sometimes used by Outward bound. This name refers to Jim McKeen, who played significant part in the construction of the original cathedral lakes lodge, and his son Ken McKeen was heavily involved with outward bound for many years. They both spent significant time in the area and its surroundings.
The name of the peak as "Mt. McKeen" paid homage to their involvement. Though it is not the official name of the peak, it holds significance in the respect it pays to the pioneers of our wilderness parks. (from email from Joe McKeen, 2014)
Cathedral Lakes Lodge started in 1934 with two log cabins, and in 1964 Cathedral Lakes Resort was established.