|Self-Verify your email address # 1107 Back to Directory Review Date:2015.11.12|
Help Category: General Website
Summary: How to change your email status from "Unverified" or "No Reply" to "Good"
Summary: The procedure below tells you how to re-validate your email address if it has the status "unverified" or "noReply". I'm assuming the address actually works, if you need to first update your email address see Update email address.
To change the status of your email address, you can use the system to send yourself a "test probe" as described below. When you find the test message and click on the link in the message, your status will change to "Good". I re-check them about once a year.
If you are curious, here is a List of Email Statuses and what they mean. Below is how you fix your Email Status
- First, log onto the system. As usual, you will now see your EMAIL ADDRESS in green at the top of every page.
- Click the green email address. This brings up your "Member Settings" page.
- If your email address is out of date, update your member record. You will be returned to the same "Member Settings" page.
- Now click the link at the bottom of the page to send yourself a validation email).
- Now go to your email inbox. You should see an email message titled "Bivouac Email Self Validation". If you don't find the message, look in your spam folder.
- Click the link in the email message. Your address should now be validated.